Monday, July 18, 2011

upper middle class hypocrisy

People are starting to come back from their vacations. And this is what I hear.

The text says in Swedish:
- Earth hour is so amazing!
Candles is so cosy, and think we're actually helping the environment by doing this!

- I know! I wish more people understood how important the environment is, and how easy it is to do a difference. You just have to make small changes in your every-day life, like separation at source!

- Yeah! I know right? People are so ignorant!

- Yupp.

- Anyhow, how was your vacation? Paris right?

- Oh, it was fantastic, 600 bucks for a weekend for two, all included. They even included a tour around the city in helicopter. I'll mail you the link to the travel agent right away with my phone, just give me a sec...

No comments:

Post a Comment